Raves, rants and reviews
Raves, Rants & Reviews

Home » People » Now that they have your money they will keep it

Now that they have your money they will keep it

Your banker loves you. Especially since the latest accord of Basil III was sneaked into being by the BIS (Bank of International Settlements). The bankers agree to hold more capital in reserve, rising from the current 4% to 4.5% by 2013 and 6% by 2019, plus an emergency reserve of 2.5%, totaling some 8.5%. In short, it means that banks have 9 years (before the agreement comes into full effect – if it does) to capitalize on your money.

banker with your moneyThe banks will obviously use Basil III as an excuse NOT to lend while, at the same time, increasing their profits and – no guessing needed – bonus payouts. Basically, now that they have your money they will keep it.

What happens if there is another bank crisis in the years before the arrangement comes into effect? More bailouts. The whole affair is something to rant about. Or, as Dennis Gartman put it on Bloomberg TV, it is comical.

12/09/2010. Category: People. Topic: .

You may also like -